Living in the digital era means that there is so much more to TV. In fact, people tend to ditch the TV for options like online streaming. Cord-cutting is on the rise. Taking advantage of this change in people’s attitudes, the cable service providers knew exactly what to do. Uh, they know how to play it smart. So, you can now view your cable service provider’s app on Roku. For example, the Spectrum App on Roku is a thing. The reason why Roku and others are so famous among the masses is that individuals now prefer watching shows or movies on their gadgets while doing other chores. In short, this generation is more of a multi-tasker. Watching something on the TV means sticking to the couch and limiting the movement. Anyway, in case you are wondering, let’s throw some light on what Roku actually is.
What is the Spectrum App on Roku?
The Spectrum TV app on Roku gives you more options than you could imagine. You can choose from an array of features and customize your TV watching experience. The many options that you have include Live TV or you can even browse the guide and select from the options that suit your taste. Apart from that, you can create a customized viewing experience with the ‘My Library’ feature. Not only this but you can choose from thousands of ‘On Demand’ programs. However, the programming will vary according to the Spectrum TV subscription that you have opted for. I have been talking a lot about Roku without educating you regarding what exactly is it.
Who is Roku?
So, Roku is basically the company that was a pioneer in the TV streaming game. In fact, the company offers a more convenient and cost-effective way to watch TV. Apart from being not-too-heavy in your pocket, the Roku devices are easy to set up and use. All devices come with a simple to use remote and a lot of powerful features which include Roku Search. This particular feature provides you with an almost effortless experience to find what you wish to watch. Other exciting features include:
- Tons of free content to view channels like BBC Sports, YouTube, Sky News, and Red Bull TV.
- Popular music on channels like Box Plus and VEVO.
- Blockbuster movies, and the latest TV shows on channels like Netflix and Google Play.
In addition to this, you get access to over 4,000 channels. Most of them are free but some ask you to buy them. Setting up Roku for the first time is pretty simple as well. Excited to get hold of your Roku device already? So, if you decide to get one, here’s how to set it for the first time.
How to Set Up Roku for the First Time?
Before you add your Spectrum TV App on Roku, you need to set up Roku first. That is not that difficult. Follow the given steps and you are set to go:
- Visit the Roku website to create a new account for yourself.
- Follow the prompts so that you are able to register your Roku player or the TV (whatever the case may be) using the code that is provided to you.
- Ensure that your Roku is activated and connected to the Internet as well.
Once you have successfully installed Roku, time to get Spectrum TV App on Roku. Here’s how to go about it.
How to Add Spectrum App on Roku?
Follow these easy steps to get the Spectrum TV App on Roku:
- Make sure that your Roku account is connected to the Internet and is activated.
- Get hold of your Roku remote and go to the Roku Channel Store.
- Find the Spectrum TV app on the Channel Store and install it.
- Sign in to the account using the arrow keys on the remote.
- Select ‘I agree’ to accept the License Agreement.
It is as simple as that.
It might seem very simple but lately, people have been facing issues related to Roku TV App. These problems include issues with the enhanced remote and at times difficulty in connecting the Roku app to the Internet. But there is nothing to worry about. Because Roku problems have a solution for them.
How to Resolve Any Enhanced Remote Issues?
To begin with, the remote issues vary in nature depending on the type of Roku remote that you have. Therefore, before you opt for the ‘Troubleshooting’ option, be sure as to which among the following two remotes do you have in possession:
- Standard IR remote
- Enhanced remote
In case you are not sure, remove the cover from the battery and you will know the type of remote you have. Anyway, if you are having trouble with your enhanced remote, there are ways to go about it. You can choose from the following options:
- Restart your Roku device as well as the remote.
- Repair the remote by opening the battery compartment and removing the batteries. And disconnect the power cable from your Roku device, wait for around 5 seconds and plug in the cable again. When the ‘Home’ screen appears on the Roku device, reinsert the batteries in the remote.
- Replace the batteries of the remote.
- Install an HDMI extension cable.
- Consider connecting your Roku device to the 5 GHz wireless network but you need to confirm if your router supports this connection or not.
- Change the wireless channel on your router.
- And when nothing works, replace your remote. Simple!
This was a little guide to deal with remote issues. As far as Internet issues are concerned, here’s how to go about it.
How to Fix the Internet Issues on Roku?
Follow these easy steps:
- Log in to your router.
- Once done, navigate to the router’s DNS settings.
- Replace the internal DNS address with a public one.
- Save these changed settings.
- Re-run the Roku setup.
- If you have correctly set the DNS, the device should now connect to the Internet.
However, you should also check if your Spectrum Internet connection is providing stable speeds or not. In case it is not, try considering a package with better speed?
Whatever the case may be, fixing Roku’s problems is not tough. You will able to manage it well if you follow all the above steps.
This Roku guide may be a great reference point, especially for Spectrum subscribers!